Friday, December 30, 2016

Sweet Sweet Bulbs..

 Here's a piece from my art book called 'Sweet Sweet Bulbs'.



This Monday was the 34th year anniversary for me and my wife. 

Not to be overly sentimental or anything, but i wouldn't even *be* in comics, (or probably even be drawing at all), if it wasn't for her warm companionship, love and support over all these years.   


  

Sweet Bulbs line is from a Captain Beefheart song.  Melody wise, it's not an easy or conventionally 'pretty' song.  But there's a kind of ugly beauty, and a kind of honesty in the poetic lyrics,

at least for me.



In the old days, i used to print out lyrics to favorite songs, then paint across them in watercolor..

.. then tape them up on my old studio wall, just for inspiration.

She used to have a Garden we'd spend time in, and the lyric that reminded me of her are the ones towards the bottom: 




In darkness or light you're free t' grow as flowers
Share her throne n' use her toothbrush
'n spend some interesting hours 



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd give anything to have my love say the wonderful,
touching things you said today in this blog.
Sounds like you are two very lucky people.
Happy Anniversary!

mightyduke said...

Happy anniversary!!

juvinwo said...

Happy anniversary sam!

Iam Nowhere said...

Sam, I fell in love with the piece you showed in the post (http://samkieth.blogspot.fr/2014/12/wow-is-it-thur-already.html) and I want to buy it.

Send me an email so we could talk.

nunruid7 said...

I agree that if you plan to stay with a cheater don't try to find any information. However, in my case I needed it in my state in order to file for a divorce and come out of the relationship. You can't just say I think courts want proof or you end up spending a lot of time and money to fight it out! Finding out was hard, but I was relieved that I wasn't crazy and it's making my divorce go a lot smoother. He would never confess; therefore, I did the best thing for me...find out, no doubt, move on!!!contact hotcyberlord@gmail.com.. or text his phone +15402277725 he's a professional and will surely help you out,tell him from Ninah