Sunday, March 27, 2016

Rough 'I before e' Logo



Old doodle for a 'Worlds of Sam' logo..

Although it's a bit rough and sloppy, i do kinda like how unfinished it is, being a sketch.

A little graffiti towards the bottom, plus those 'colored swirly shapes' that i make by twisting Dr. Martin Inks Bottle Lids,  which squeeze the color across the page in unique shapes. Plus a little colored pencil to round it all out.

Sometimes it's fun to check out other artists half finished sketches...  even the ones that don't really work.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Logo. I like it when you do short posts.
Maybe because I have a short attention span.
I also like it when you post often.
Thanks for sharing your art, your thoughts
and your talent.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sam, will you be selling any Maxx original art at your Boston appearance? I work overseas but will return to the US to attend if there is an opportunity to pick up your OA. And you will actually get a chance to meet me, how great is that? No photos though.

Lauryn Ipsum said...

Hi Sam! I'm a big fan of your work, and I was wondering if you might be able to tell me a little more about a technique you posted about a few years back.

It was the one about graphite powder and wood alcohol. What are the steps you used? I've been trying different methods but I haven't gotten it exactly how I'd like so far. What I'm really looking for is that oil like effect.

My best,
Lauryn