Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Worlds Best Comics" Signing..



Hey Gang,


WORLDS BEST COMICS - Jan 12th Store Signing:   
 A good friend Anthony Leano was awesome enough to amp up some momentum for Dave Downey's store signing I'll be at Jan 12th, with a facebook page. Since I'm not part of facebook universe, I'll just pass the above link along.  I guess there'll even may be some dude from the CGC may come out witness signatures. I think comics are a little small for the whole 'signature authentication' thing myself, but if that's your thing... and he shows up to do it, go for it.  Just don't feel pressured if it's not authenticated, I'll sign it either way.

COMMISSIONS: 
 Some fans asked if I will be bringing, (or selling), art at the signing, I will not. Your only shot at buying  any art from me is thru the usual source: Albert Moy. Also I'm flattered.... and overwhelmed by the TONS of requests have flooded into Albert for commissions!  That's so cool of everyone to ask. But  heads up, the going price for an original piece is 1500 dollars for a single  figure, or 3500 for two figures and a colored background.  Now, I totally get if you don't wanna pop for this much. But it is the going price for what Albert's other artists get for personalized sketches.

If this is more than you wanna pay, no worries... just ignore the emails you've already sent.  However, if you still *are* still interested, can you hit him up with another email please? Sorry for any confusion.  


CHARACTERS I'LL DO (... or won't ) 
 I'm also responsible for some confusion about what characters I'd be willing to draw.  Here's the deal, but since I've done three Maxx's in a row (uuug!) .. on the last round of commissions?  Mind if taking a break from the whole Maxx/Julie/Gone stuff for a while? 

 Any *other* characters might be cool. Remember there's a ton of other characters out there too. But far as Wolvie or Maxx go.... I'd just like a break from those two dudes for now.


CHEAPER SKETCHES:  
 Lastly, I know there's tons of folks who fall in the cracks of just wanting a 50 - 300 dollar sketch. I'm afraid I don't have hand anymore to crank out tons of sketched at public appearances.  And I don't think it's fair for me to YOU if I to agree to a sketch at a store or convention, if if I won't have the time (or energy) to do later.  Like other artists, I only have so many 'lines' in me. I'd like to save those for the comics and my paintings.  Again there's tons of sketches floating around on ebay in the cheaper price ranges. If you have a blank comic cover, i'd be happy to do a quickie doodle for free on that.

 I hope none of this dampens your enthusiasm. It will be a blast to see everyone in person again, wither you have a ton of comics... or just one. Or of just wanna stop by and say 'hey', either is cool.

 That's about it... i'll try to throw up sone new art this weekend.

 Thanks to Dave, Anthony and everyone else for helping pull this sucker off.
  Sam








12 comments:

jennifer kraska said...

This is where life is cruel..... Would love to stop by and say hey. I'm on the same continent now and will even be out west-ish the day before this signing! Next time....
Good luck with this. I know you will make a lot of people very happy by doing this.

chain said...

Hey Sam I have some pull with the CGC company and it would be my honor to arrange it. With your permission that anyone at this event who would like there books to be submitted for CGC signature series to donate $10 dollars to the HEROES INITIATIVE.

Marcus Collar said...

HALLOWS! ok wow I can't wait, but all my non Maxx comics to have him sign are in such poor quality I will have to buy some new ones before I wait in line!!!

really excited I think Sam Kieth could have his own convention!!!

see you guys there if your going!!

Marcus Collar said...

http://www.facebook.com/events/397391580340087/

Anonymous said...

Would you sign or sketch in a sketchbook?

Evic Oropilla said...

Hi Sam sad to have missed you at this signing I hope to see you at SDCC with my daughter and my daughter would love to take you up on the quick doodle offer :) thanks for posting!!!

Mike Gregg said...

These are the times I wish I lived on the left coast. I'm in the Detroit area, and I'm not moving any time soon. I hope the the signing was amazing and all parties rejoiced. I also hope that someday you'll venture out this way.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thanks Sam. I flew from Dallas to mete you Because you are my absolute favorite artist. you were so humble, and giving with your time, conversation, signature, and sketches. your others was Also very sweet. you goty contact info. Esther of you feel free to contact me at any time.

Coach Factory said...

kate spade handbags, prada outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet online, burberry outlet online, burberry outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors outlet, gucci handbags, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet online, nike shoes, louboutin shoes, red bottom shoes, coach outlet store online, kate spade outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley vault, coach outlet, prada handbags, coach purses, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, ray ban outlet, nike free, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, true religion, ray ban sunglasses

Coach Factory said...

herve leger, soccer jerseys, uggs outlet, jimmy choo shoes, lululemon outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose pas cher, vans outlet, soccer shoes, roshe run, valentino shoes, moncler, rolex watches, chi flat iron, uggs on sale, canada goose, north face outlet, ghd, new balance outlet, north face jackets, mcm handbags, ugg soldes, moncler, canada goose uk, mont blanc pens, beats headphones, canada goose outlet, celine handbags, instyler ionic styler, ferragamo shoes, ugg boots, bottega veneta, ugg, moncler outlet, abercrombie and fitch, ugg outlet, wedding dresses, mac cosmetics, birkin bag, reebok outlet, canada goose outlet, insanity workout, moncler, giuseppe zanotti, asics shoes, hollister, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, marc jacobs outlet, p90x workout

Coach Factory said...

abercrombie and fitch, longchamp pas cher, north face, vans pas cher, nike free, nike air max, longchamp, tn pas cher, hollister, air max pas cher, michael kors canada, chaussure louboutin, oakley pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, ray ban uk, louis vuitton uk, hollister, new balance pas cher, lululemon, nike free pas cher, north face pas cher, scarpe hogan, nike trainers, air max, nike roshe, ralph lauren pas cher, barbour, nike huarache, burberry pas cher, guess pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, longchamp, lacoste pas cher, sac michael kors, ralph lauren, louis vuitton pas cher, michael kors uk, nike blazer pas cher, mulberry, nike air force, air jordan, hermes pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, timberland, sac louis vuitton, ray ban pas cher, converse pas cher, true religion outlet

hijab grosir murah said...

jual kerudung grosir murah paling lengkap model trendy, modis, stylish dan modern terbaru bisa dipakai untuk membuat mebel jati jepara dan ukir jepara . akan tetapi klau anda memiliki laptop rusak silahkan langsung d servis ke tempat servis yang berpengalaman seperti servis laptop semarang atau juga bisa ke servis laptop jepara untuk anda yang berada diarea kudus juga bisa langsung kontek ke servis laptop kudus namun kalau ada sudah capek menservis laptop silahkan langsung dijual saja karena kami siap membeli rongsokan di pembeli laptop rusak siap membel

untuk beberapa produk didalamnya adalah grosir kerudung online seperti pashmina lebanon kerudung trendy modern dan terbaru tersedia juga model kerudung motif bintang yang unik tersedia juga model kerudung arabica murah. kami juga memproduksi kerudung instan seperti kerudung instan bando juga tersedia berbagi macam mersk seperti umama umamia contok kerudung umama casablanca motf terkenal seperti motif burberry juga ada kerudung motif burberry instan kerudung nafeeya instan juga ada di toko kerudung kami model gradasi kerudung gradasi terbaru motif lain yang trendy dan terbaru urah dan terpercaya seperti kerudung bolak balik murah hijab yang disukai para artis juga kami juas di kerudung grosir murah kerudung pashmina kusut jika anda ingin kerudung besar syari untuk menutupi suma agar cantik namun syari di kerudung khimar murah terbaru motif yang sangat disukai orang adalha kerudung motif bunga terbaru juga motif kerudung yang selalu eksis sepanjang waktu dari zaman dulu sampai sekarng kerudung motif polkadot dan sekarang ini kerudung trendy seperti khimar polos