Sunday, November 27, 2011

...guess who's BACK ?



Landed safely in my new home/studio... more or less. Sorry a week turned into several.. Was able to get online again today for the first time in weeks - sheesh!

I know you probably already saw this Bonsai painting above in the sketchbooks, but here's the non-digitally fudged version.  I think I just made it more narrow. I'm actually thinking of dumping non digital version most of he art in those two books into a future larger collected book down the road.


Okay - NEW crap: i grab a few pics I took *before* the move... so here's some overdue peeks at the Batman Mad Hater crap. I'm told the trade out right now.. which may be stupid posting these b&w pages, because you can check it out in color on the stands anyways... but what the hell..


It goes all across the board, from more noodley semi-detailed bat stuff..


To wildly simple cartoony styles, so it's all over the board, style wise.  Since Bruce Jones who is a personal hero of mine, wrote the story.  So,  unlike my stories, this story may actually make sense! : )


But on the other end of the scale.... this one may be kinda interesting - remember that old mixed media post I did awhile back? Well, many of those close up pics were from THIS one single painting.


Here's the back of the two different pieces of bristol i used too, mostly because i ran out of room after I painted phallic looking little fellah there in the corner..


Here is it right side up. I call it Phallic Duplicity.  I figured why even try to pretend it's one painting anymore? Why not try to emphasis the two different styles/sizes?


Promise i really did *try* to keep one side simple... and deliberately wanted to throw everything but the kitchen sink into the other side...


But both sides are pretty busy.


Overworked.


The above pic is pretty dark so some of the softer hues get lost - here's a netter pic of it.


Then all hell breaks lose on the left.


and ... Yeah, that IS pink fur in the upper corner.




Glad to be back! Cool of everyone for not giving up on me.  - the followers even kept growing even while i was gone - spooky! : )


I'll try to make it up to you the next couple of weeks with a ton of stuff i did before the move I've been sorting through. Funny how even in the middle of a chaotic move, creative crap never slows... it just seems to always keep happening..


Especially the paintings.  It's weird... like they've a mind of their own. I hate how pretentious that comes off as, but it's sorta true.


Expect things to pick up.. posting wise... this week for sure - i'll make it up to every 'bored' one of you! ; )