Thursday, December 4, 2014

Wow, is it Thur already...?



Here's three pics of the new Maxx covers i did for IDW. I usually don't bother to add a vellum sheet over artwork, but when it's painted best to be careful.



I usually don't like my art, but at least I don't *hate* this cover from Maxx 1,




It feels different enough from the original that it doesn't feel like a boring copy.  I also like the uneven texture above Maxx, no perfectly smooth, feels kinda raw & grungy.

Figured i'd throw up a bunch of the new Maxx covers just for fun, between Panel-a-day post.. in case you missed the Maxxamized versions.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so great!

Anonymous said...

Sam, on your cover to 11 in the first picture, what media did you use? Watercolor and colored pencils? Anything else you can say about the piece or process? Love the ball Maxx.

Liam Gray said...

You don't like your art?

That is a real pity, because its beautiful and thought provoking.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Sam.

zachariah adams said...

I'd kill for one of those. So, who do you want dead?

mao qiuyun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Iam Nowhere said...

Hi

I really love it and would be very interested to purchase it. I know that to an artist selling his art is like selling his own children but if ever you consider it please contact me.